Main: Charlotte, NC
With past studio locations based in Brooklyn, NY and Miami, FL - We have recently decided to relocate the main studio in Charlotte, NC. For project specific work Depeña maintains a satellite practice in South Florida for projects (including local public art installations).
Subscribe to our news mailing list:
Recent Artist Residencies:
McColl Center for Visual Arts + Innovation
721 North Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Sculptural + Architectural Designer
For projects and possible full time positions.
Bachelors or Masters Degree in architecture or related field.
- CAD, Rhino, VRay, Lumion (or other 3d animation software) Revit and SketchUp. Grasshopper, Basic Code/Programming preferred.
- Adobe Suite. Photoshop, Illustrator. Video editing and After Effects a plus.
- Very important. Project renderings and visualization. High quality renderings. Making sketches and thoughts look real.
- Writing and presentation skills are a plus.
Position Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Rigor: Patience and discipline to receive multiple revisions and modifications until the project is fully developed and ready for production.
- Not afraid of hands on work. Building prototypes, gallery installations, etc…
Studio management, administration and some client interfacing.
- Well versed in contemporary issues and aesthetics relating to art, design and architecture.
- Enthusiastic, reliable and self-motivated. If you don’t know how, you should be willing to figure it out.
- Local or within driving distance strongly preferred. But would consider remote work for the right candidate.
- Materials knowledge and research.
- Construction detail creativity and ingenuity.
Inquire (URLs and small files only please):