Main: Charlotte, NC
With past studio locations based in Brooklyn, NY and Miami, FL - We have recently decided to relocate the main studio in Charlotte, NC. For project specific work Depeña maintains a satellite practice in South Florida for projects (including local public art installations).
Airboat, Inc. is the multidisciplinary commercial design studio founded by artist Ivan Toth Depeña. It's establishment stemmed from a desire to to expand outside the realm of Ivan's art studio practice and bridge the divide between the fields of art, design and technology. With an ever evolving definition of art, the studio shares a strong philosophical desire to create something that is not solely art or design, but a series of integral moments in this process of transformation.
Sculptural + Architectural Designer
For projects and possible full time positions.
Bachelors or Masters Degree in architecture or related field.
- CAD, Rhino, VRay, Lumion (or other 3d animation software) Revit and SketchUp. Grasshopper, Basic Code/Programming preferred.
- Adobe Suite. Photoshop, Illustrator. Video editing and After Effects a plus.
- Very important. Project renderings and visualization. High quality renderings. Making sketches and thoughts look real.
- Writing and presentation skills are a plus.
Position Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Rigor: Patience and discipline to receive multiple revisions and modifications until the project is fully developed and ready for production.
- Not afraid of hands on work. Building prototypes, gallery installations, etc…
Studio management, administration and some client interfacing.
- Well versed in contemporary issues and aesthetics relating to art, design and architecture.
- Enthusiastic, reliable and self-motivated. If you don’t know how, you should be willing to figure it out.
- Local or within driving distance strongly preferred. But would consider remote work for the right candidate.
- Materials knowledge and research.
- Construction detail creativity and ingenuity.
Inquire (URLs and small files only please):